Sunday, 26 January 2014

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle



So much has been said about this perfume, and I doubt that my review will bring anything new to the table... But, nevertheless, I will share my view on here because I enjoy this fragrance very much, and I really feel like I need to let you all know why! 



Coco Mademoiselle is one of the most versatile fragrances that I have ever come across. No matter the occasion, the weather, the outfit – this scent never fails to impress. It's THE perfect 'to go' fragrance. I think that you could easily wear it with a simple t-shirt and jeans, and you won't look or feel underdressed, whilst still smelling lovely and elegant. I feel that many of the Chanel fragrances are strong and overwhelming, and I was very happy to discover how modern and approchable Coco Mademoiselle is!

This chypre floral opens very citrusy, with fresh notes of mandarin and orange blossom, softened by sweet jasmine petals. The patchouli note is dominant, and very prominent from start to finish. And although these notes may not seem the most exciting, together they form a beautiful, well blended harmony of accords. I really love how this perfume develops over time – from a bright, citrusy opener to a soft, charming drydown of warm patchouli and rose. The overall scent has a slightly soapy feel to it, and feels very subtle and romantic.


But does Coco Mademoiselle really live up to its hype? I personally believe that, although this fragrance does not quite make it onto my 'favourites' shelf, it is by far the best, most approchable Chanel. I really appreciate it for it's incredible versatility, and I think it'd make a lovely addition to any wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment